The Villages

Bremhill

The parish of Bremhill is made up of a collection of smaller parishes in the valleys with the village of Bremhill prominent on a hill. In the smaller parishes are the hamlets of Tytherton Lucas, East Tytherton, Foxham, Read More

Christian Malford

The village of Christian Malford lies in the Hundred of North Damerham. Until 1319 the parish lay in Startley Hundred. In 1319 the Abbots of Glastonbury, who were the chief landowners arranged for their severance from Startley Hundred Read More

Kington Langley

The parish of Kington Langley was formed out of the parish of Kington St Michael in 1865. The original hamlet was known as Langley Fitzurze in medieval times. The village is situated on high ground 2 miles north Read More

Kington St Michael

The village of Kington St Michael lies either side of the road between Chippenham and Hullavington. The earliest settlement is attested in documents in the 10th century around the church of St Michael. Recent chance finds clearly show that there Read More

Langley Burrell

The parish village of Langley Burrell is only 2 miles north east of Chippenham and includes Kellaways and Maud Heath's causeway between Wick hill and Chippenham. The name Langley means a long clearing or wood, whilst the name Read More

Tytherton Lucas

The small hamlet of Tytherton Lucas has a few cottages and farms. The Anglican parish church, built in the 13th century, was rebuilt in 1802 and again in the 1850s. Nearby archaeological remains suggest that there is both Read More