Tytherton Lucas

The small hamlet of Tytherton Lucas has a few cottages and farms. The Anglican parish church, built in the 13th century, was rebuilt in 1802 and again in the 1850s. Nearby archaeological remains suggest that there is both Iron Age and Romano-British remains of a possible temple.


The 16th/17th century manor house was altered around 1700 and is built of rubble stone with ashlar dressings and a Bridgewater tile roof. The nearby 17th century farmhouse was altered in the 18th century but still has its timber frame with rubble stone and red brick infilling. The estates of Stanley Abbey owned Scotts Mill farmhouse which, after the dissolution, was let to H Goldeney in 1526, who was a wealthy clothier.